Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Kevlar: Day 3

**Note: This blog entry is by Dick. I think this is a first.

This is the day Arlete became the real star of the show. Maybe because it's fabric, she felt confident to step in and take over one of my jobs.
I turned around to lay down my roller. When I turned back, Arlete had the squeegee and was smoothing out the cloth. Hallelujah! I don't have to bend over anymore and my aching back is smiling. All I had to do was run the roller, Arlete did everything else. When I was "wetting out" the applied cloth, she would measure the resin and hardener for the next batch, moving the job along faster. She did a really good job.

Starboard hull completed, job half done.

It was such a pleasure working on this project with Arlete. In my experience, I'm always the one that has to watch the job for constant quality control and doing the work as efficiently as possible. Today Arlete stepped in while I ran the roller and watched my sweetheart manage the job.

1 comment:

  1. Hi guys!

    We took a crossrock we found and had it made into a pendant. We would like to show you a picture of it, how can we email you a picture?

    Jan and Jen

    Bowlus,MN, now under three feet of snow

    ReplyDelete