Monday, May 6, 2013

Project Ride Smart

First day of work at Regency Park Elementary in Twin Rivers USD. Rio Linda Union School District was one of the school districts blended into TRUSD, so I knew a few of the teachers and staff members.  We will be working with four 5th grade classes over the next 2 1/2 weeks.  One of the 5th grade teachers was Joni O'Connor, a Rio Linda "native," a favorite "mom" from my past, and whose son attended Westside Charter School when I taught there.
 
My teaching partner, Brad Meyers, has been teaching bicycling instruction for over 3 years, so my first time out of the gate was a smooth one. 

I would have loved to have had a Smart Board when I was teaching.  It connects to any computer to project images and lessons.  There are four colored markers in the tray.  When you pick one up, the Smart Board knows and the lines made on the board are that color.  There's even an electronic eraser.


(As it would turn out, this job would take more time and be more exhausting than I expected.  Blogging and other daily tasks would slow to the point of not happening.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment