Sunday, September 22, 2013

Backstory: Dear Phyl,

I've been lying a lot to you the past 3 weeks.  Making 21 hand-stitched chicken masks was a bigger challenge than I first thought and I had to keep a steady pace to finish the job on time.

Aug 30: the first successful mask was complete and I was on my way to cutting out 40 combs. I was about to become less available and would make you wonder what was going on.  I am so sorry, but it was for a good cause.

Sept 12: I was sick today and didn't feel well enough to go to work, but that didn't stop me from sewing almost all day.

Sept 15: inching closer, but you must think I'm a nut job.  This afternoon when we couldn't connect to go shopping together, I had actually rushed out to buy more embroidery thread.

Sept 20: there was no way I had time to make the food I'd committed to bring.  Thankfully, Stacey volunteered to make it all.

Sept 21: The day of the party! Morning coffee and sewing on the last pieces of elastic. Done at 12:20.

Lots of work, but so worth it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment