Thursday, September 5, 2013

Lost tooth and a closed trunk

Last week, Kellen noticed he had his first loose tooth. How exciting for a 6 year old. We talked about what would happen next. In an attempt to outdo the Tooth Fairy, I told Kellen that if he didn't find a coin under his pillow the next morning, he should say, "The heck with that dumb fairy, I'm going to see my grandma."  But instead he was the first one downstairs to share what had happened during the night. "Look, Grandma, the Tooth Fairy DID come!"

One afternoon, the boys were playing outside, Doug was in the garage.  Doug heard a thump and soon heard muffled screaming. Odin had gotten into the trunk of my car and pulled down the lid. Oh the number of times that boy has been told not to play in Grandma's car. Doug came in to get me and the keys to let him out. I now lock my car, just in case he hasn't learned his lesson yet.


We recreated the scene above after the fact. I thought maybe Odin might "freak out" being asked to get into the trunk. Oh no, he climbed right in. They also learned about the inside trunk latch and practiced getting out on their own.



No comments:

Post a Comment