Wednesday, December 2, 2009

I've been living with my father

My father, in this instance, is in his mid-30s and my first-born son.

Since mid-March, I've been living with Justin in his E Nicolaus house. I loved every minute of it. What a rare and wonderful experience to get to know your adult child again and realize that you've raised a fine young man. But, Justin is his own man now with his own standards and expectations. I did not raise him to be a "neat-nik" or a Republican, or love Fords.

At times, having his mother in the house was frustrating. Last summer, the AC came on early one day. A while later, Justin noticed my bedroom window was open, pointed out my error, and finished with, "Jeez, Mom. Living with you is like living with a little kid."

I responded, "Don't worry, it's only going to get worse."

The good news is I'm still welcome to come back again. To say thank-you, I did get a full-service inside/outside car wash since he'll be driving our car while I'm gone (much better mpg than that big Ford truck he's been driving)

and filled the refrig with his favorite beer.

Moms are good for something, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment