Thursday, December 6, 2012

Aloha from Kauai

A big beautiful banana spider. Even that zig-zag part was woven to attract prey.

I'm in Lihue to check on the boat and do a few projects.  I arrived this afternoon a bit too late to row out to the boat.  I was generously invited to stay with one of my hula friends, Pat.  She lives in one of friendliest neighborhoods I've ever encountered.  A few of them drove to Poipu

to have dinner at (definitely try the clam chowder if you ever get the chance)

L-R: Marion visiting from Colorado, Sylvia and Bill live across the street from Pat, Hugh from the Big Island, Matt (Sylvia & Bill's son), and Pat.

My upstairs bedroom at Pat's house was so warm and inviting!  Tonight, with the sea breeze floating the curtains and the gentle patter of rain, I got the BEST night's sleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment